Embark on an unforgettable adventure with a boat excursion to Lake Kivu in Rwanda! Here are some of the tour highlights that you can expect:
Bird watching: Lake Kivu is home to over 60 species of birds, including the African fish eagle, kingfishers, and herons. With the help of an experienced guide, you’ll have the opportunity to spot these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
Hike to Napoleon Island: Take a guided hike to Napoleon Island, a small island in the middle of Lake Kivu that is home to a colony of fruit bats. The hike is moderately challenging, but the stunning views of the lake and the lush vegetation make it well worth the effort.
Fishing experience: Join local fishermen and learn about their traditional fishing techniques as you try your hand at catching some of the lake’s freshwater fish. You’ll get to sample your catch as part of a delicious lakeside lunch.
Relax and enjoy the scenery: As you cruise along the peaceful waters of Lake Kivu, take in the breathtaking scenery of the surrounding hills and mountains. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to relax, unwind, and soak up the beauty of Rwanda’s largest lake.
Overall, this boat excursion to Lake Kivu is a perfect way to explore the natural beauty and culture of Rwanda. Whether you’re an avid bird watcher, a fishing enthusiast, or simply looking for a relaxing day out on the water, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
– Meet your guide at the designated meeting point in Karongi, on the shore of Lake Kivu.
– Board the boat and set off on your adventure.
– Start bird watching as you cruise along the lake, accompanied by an experienced guide who will point out different species of birds and provide interesting facts about their behavior and habitats.
– Arrive at Napoleon Island and disembark for a guided hike. The hike will take you through lush vegetation and up to the top of the island, where you’ll have stunning views of the surrounding lake and hills.
– Cruise back to Karongi town, taking in the beautiful scenery and relaxing on the boat.
– Arrive back and say goodbye to your guide.
This half-day trip/tour provides a great mix of activities, from bird watching and hiking to fishing and enjoying the stunning scenery of Lake Kivu. It’s a perfect way to experience the natural beauty and culture of Rwanda in a short amount of time.
Beyond the Gorillas Experience (BGE) is a tourism company based in vicinity of
Volcanoes National Park (VNP). BGE operates in the whole country but it has the main
offices in Musanze and Gakenke Districts located in the Northern Province/Rwanda.
Beyond the Gorillas Experience has a focus on promoting experiences outside of the national park for the sake of including local communities in tourism and helping visitors to see more and genuine experiences in Rwanda.
Bike stage 1 of the famous Congo Nile Trail before visiting a local coffee farming cooperative. Join the singing fishermen on Lake Kivu as you return to Gisenyi by boat